Monday 14 March 2016

Happy Gilmore: The Price is Right

Happy Gilmore had a great character with Joe Flaherty as the jeering fan (we'll call him 'Joe').  With Bob Barker in the movie, the film could have tied in Happy, Bob, Joe and the Price Is Right with a funny backstory.

Follow:

When Shooter McGavin recruits Joe, Joe could say something like "Don't worry about Happy.  I know how to push his buttons.  I've done it before. Ha ha..."





When Bob and Happy meet, Bob says something like, "I remember you.  You better not cause any trouble this time." and Happy answers, "That wasn't my fault.  You saw how I was provoked.  You were there!".





This is all tied together during during the end credits, where a title sequence says "A few years ago" and we're at the Price is Right.



Joe and Happy are contestants and Joe is having fun bidding $1 more than Happy each time.






With the next prize up for auction, Happy bids $600.

Bob: We come to Joe.  What do you bid?




Happy: Look, you creep, if you say $601, I'll break your freaking neck!!!"

Bob: I'll have to ask you to calm down, Happy.  This a family show.

Happy: Look, Bob, I want to have fun but this jackass keeps bidding a dollar extra on my bids!

Bob: It's part of the game, Happy, and keep the language civil, please.  What's your bid, Joe?

Happy: You better not say 601...

Joe (evil smile): 602.

Happy loses it and attacks Joe.  Bob gets involved.  

Pandemonium!!













No comments:

Post a Comment